Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Single?

So I am out and about as always. I always notice couples. I try to sense the energy and watch their behaviors. I see couples and such. Makes me wonder why I am single? I see dudes with chicks and wonder why she is not with me.

Yet, I see purportedly single chicks when out and about. I am thinking, are they really single? Are they just on a girls night out? All those things come to mind. I think of a line to engage them. Mind you I am not mr. cheesy line guy. I am actually intelligent and it never fails that I get a number. Yet, it's the mentality that I have about being single.

I was having a chat with my best friend after decorating my tree. She was wondering about guys who want a younger girl. I told her, as she's a young girl approaching her 30's, is that why do we want to look at a woman who is our age? We are hoping to hold back that aging process that we, in our 40's are going through. It is quite simply a means of having maybe what we didn't have in our 20's. It's psychological at best. A means of holding on to our youth per se.

This begs the original question of being out and about. Why do I see a pretty woman and wonder if she's compatible? Am I alone in doing that? Or, is this a primitive way of being human to attracting a mate?

It just makes me ponder where I am sitting there, thinking about this person and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment