Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Forgotten Love

Let me start out this story with with a recollection of a girl I dated earlier in the year. She was a mutual acquaintance of a friend that I literally met on FB. We met for margaritas one Sunday after I played volleyball. It was instant chemistry. we ended up spending the night together. I never had to be anybody when I was with her. Our subsequent dates were like that and then I never heard from her. I deleted her from FB and her phone number. I dated others since her and never could get her out of my mind. Nobody matched up.

Could it have been some revisionist history in my eyes? I don't know. Never felt instant chemistry like that. Never felt that kind of energy with a woman of all the people I dated.

Fast forward six months and I decide to add her back on FB. She immediately accepted. I was ecstatic but cautious in the same breath. Anyway, so I was following her posts and it was cool.

I noticed that she had not posted anything, so I did a search for her of my friends and she was gone. :( My heart immediately sank.

I am so stupid. I sent her a message with the add stating that I missed her and that's the reason why I added her. I told her to have a good holiday if I don't hear from her. I left it at that.

I have never chased anyone. I am very cold when it comes to that. If they don't want me around, then so be it. However, I could not go through life with this one 'what if' over my head. She knows how I feel and it's for her to decide now. It is out of my hands.

It is best to forget forgotten love, if that makes sense. It will never be as it was.

December 11, 2009. It is official. She ignored my request. I am sad but yet I have closure. I am using the word ONWARD and reaching back to reconnect does not apply to that. Oh well.

December 22, 2009. I get an add request from her from the night before. I accept and then she's gone again. Things that make you go hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment