Friday, December 11, 2009

Extremes

As Billy Joel sang 'I go to extremes'. My life is a series of extremes. The highs and the lows and the middles.

Last night was one of those highs. I was surrounded by so much positive energy last night that I had an adrenaline rush afterward. My creative energy was very much flowing even into today.

It started out as a happy hour to have margaritas with 3 or 4 of us. Nothing special. We posted stuff on FB, not knowing what the turnout would be. Well the turnout was great. At one point there were 15 people there. All laughing, having drinks from a 23 flavor dr. pepper to margaritas. We ate, we drank, we laughed.

For me it was so positive that each time I looked up there were more people showing up. It made me quite happy to say the least. I loved it and when all was said and done, it was one of the best nights ever and I was sober.

It's a great feeling being in a room full of people that do not take you for granted. Each one of them was happy to see me and showed it. It was just a phenomenal feeling being in that room.

I even got to talk movies which easily gets me going. It was such a good night that I wanted to blog about it. I know I will experience lows again, as such is life. This way, I can look back on this night and realize the highs also.

You have to experience the lows to appreciate the highs in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment