Sunday, November 29, 2009

Curse of Empathy and Listening

I often meet beautiful women. I can naturally engage almost anyone. The more of a challenge it is, the higher risk it is and the more I am apt to do it.

Tell me I cannot do something and I will find a way to do it. I am just that way.

So, I have this gift where I am empathetic to people. I naturally have my guard down, i.e. people are not necessarily drawn to me yet they feel comfortable talking to me. Women love as although I have a Y chromosone, they can talk to me. Thus comes along the curse of empathy and listening.

I was born partially deaf. It is what it is. I talk normally as for whatever reason I know the sound of my own voice. Most partially deaf people do not know their own voice thus it does not sound intelligible to those who can hear normally. However, because of it, I am a fairly good listener. I have to be to keep up literally. Sometimes, I don't do so well. I work at it and it's a challenge. A hearing aid does well.

Part of how I treat people is because of this challenge that I have. Yet, when I meet a pretty girl, it tends to morph into their problems.

This makes me wonder if there is something wrong with me. As some of my previous posts I ponder who I am and being comfortable in my own skin. That is a constant work in progress I believe. So, should I change my tactic be more aloof when I meet a girl I like? I don't know. It just some food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment