Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dog replacement therapy

I get this stuff all the time. I get down. Regardless it happens and I deal with it. I get the normal stuff like well you have Ginny, my dog. Really? I have a dog, that is supposed to replace companionship. Ginny is great and a very happy dog really. However, I cannot tell her my hopes, my dreams, about the dufus at work that is clueless and traffic, among other things.

I am probably not a "dog" person per se. But it is a freaking animal, not a human. I want and deserve human companionship with a woman. I see people hide behind their pets and kids, avoiding companionship with people. I'm not like that. I love being around people. I feed off their energy.

Also, I do not get people who can be content with pets only and no human companionship. Life being great with just that. Is there something wrong with me where that is not fulfilling? I love my four legged kids. I even dream about losing them only to wake up to find them.

Am I weird in this perspective?

No comments:

Post a Comment