Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Night Class

Callback night.

We got 5 minutes to just get fresh with the lines and went in off book for the "call back". I was horrible. I had the furrow in my brow, I was blinking a lot but I knew my lines. In both scenes Templar is playful but mysterious and I was none of that.

The teacher gave me direction and some notes and we went back out there to go over it. Thankfully someone had drops for dry contacts, so that helped. I read with one of the classmates and that put me closer to the moment.

Two key things and the "playful" word gave me enough to where my second "call back" was so much better.

Tonight was the first time that words were never an issue and I could focus on the character, being present in the moment.

Key things I remember from tonight.

1. Visualize your scene partner even if the reader isn't paying attention. Know what he or she looks like, what they are wearing and their posture. Know this person and make them there.
2. Bring eye drops and water to class. This eliminates the eye flutter and the licking of the lips.
3. Relax.

A very good night for me. It gave me hope again as it was not there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment