Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Switch

You know, I wish people who suggest that "just forget about her" or "just shut off X emotion". Yeah, if I had that friggin switch, would I feel this way dorkwad and subsequently you would not be listening to me rant. Hello!! Connect the dots!!!!

A little psychology for you here.
I liken our behaviours as programming. You live life and you see various stimuli. Those stimuli that you see and feel, create responses. Over time, when you see the same stimuli, you get conditioned responses. This "programming" gives us our responses to life's situations, good or bad. So that bleeping switch doesn't exist because you are "programmed" to respond that way. So I cannot just turn my backside to you so you can flip that switch and my life will be perfect. It doesn't work that way dumbass.


As for those people that walk around so happy all the time, are you kidding me? I could not live without the highs and lows of life. The lows make me appreciate the highs. I am emotional and it comes and goes. Some days like today, I have lows and I get lonely.


This lonliness will go away some day and someone will be there. It then those lows will help me appreciate what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment